Professional Halitosis Treatment Near Burnet
Causes Of Bad Breath For Marble Falls Patients
There’s no way to sugarcoat it – bad breath is embarrassing. Fortunately, with proper dental care and some helpful home remedies, bad breath can be conquered. But first its best to know the causes of bad breath so you know how to prevent it. Most often, the causes of bad breath for our Marble Falls patients can be traced to a buildup of bad bacteria in the mouth, so good dental hygiene is essential to preventing halitosis. Halitosis (or chronic bad breath) is also caused by foods, smoking, dry mouth, medications, gum disease, and sinus conditions.
Halitosis is often a sign of early-stage gum disease. If you brush and floss regularly and still can’t defeat bad breath, consult our Burnet and Marble Falls dentist. After a halitosis examination at our Marble Falls or Brady location, Dr. Greg Ritchie and Dr. Mendy Ritchie can diagnose the root cause of bad breath and recommend the proper method of treatment.
Seven Secrets To Banishing Bad Breath in Brady, TX
The following fresh-breath secrets may also improve halitosis:
- Flossing! – Food particles stuck between teeth emit a foul odor as they decay – need we say more?
- Scrape – A tongue scraper will remove bacteria trapped beneath taste buds.
- Rinse – Many commercial mouth rinses temporarily freshen breath, but rinsing with a baking soda or peroxide solution can help fight odor-causing bacteria.
- Change Your Toothbrush – Avoid spreading bad bacteria by replacing your toothbrush every three months.
- Wet Your Whistle – Sipping water throughout the day prevents dehydration and washes away vagrant food particles.
- Beware of Beverages – Coffee, beer, wine, and whiskey top the list of liquid offenders.
- Spice Things Up – Keep some fresh sprigs of parsley or mint leaves at your disposal as quick, natural breath fresheners. Cloves, cardamom, and fennel also have odor-fighting powers.