Do you have a missing tooth?
Are you considering the types of tooth restorations available? At Ritchie Dental Group in Marble Falls and Brady TX, we take our commitment to creating exceptional smiles very seriously. We can help answer your questions about dental implants and bridges.
If you have a missing tooth and want to restore that gap in your mouth, you should know the differences between a dental bridge and a permanent tooth implant.
Dental bridges have replaced teeth for generations of people. However, they have some disadvantages:
- They are a 3-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem—the adjacent teeth must be prepped and crowned to hold the replacement (floating) tooth.
- It is hard to properly clean the small areas under the bridge.
- A dental bridge does not safeguard against bone recession at the extraction site.
Why does a tooth implant have key benefits over a dental bridge?
- It is a 1-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem.
- It is usually stronger.
- Will lessen the risk of bone recession (as compared to a bridge) because it replaces the tooth root.
- It is usually easier to keep clean which results in a lower risk of decay.
- They typically last longer.
- Dental implants can support a denture or partial denture.
Our team is dedicated to restoring smiles for my patients with stunning permanent restorations. If you want to learn more about dental implants, call Ritchie Dental Group in Brady and Marble Falls today.
Contact Ritchie Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):