The desire to prevent cavities is one of the main reasons people go to the dentist. In this post from Ritchie Dental Group, we are going to highlight 5 things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities are also called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged in the hard surface, tiny openings arise. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to cavities are:
Consuming sugary beverages
Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you observe any of these symptoms, you should call your dentist today to schedule an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among youngsters, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Avoiding cavities is straightforward. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, skip frequent snacking, and have regular visits with your dentist.
If you are in the market for quality dental care in the Marble Falls and Brady areas, give Ritchie Dental Group a call. We offer general and family dentistry, and cosmetic dentistry. Schedule an appointment today.
Contact Ritchie Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):