Most men and women brush their teeth, however, there are many who brush incorrectly but don’t realize that their dental hygiene practices may be contributing to poor dental health in Horseshoe Bay.
They may pride themselves on their daily diligence, but frequency does not make up for an incorrect technique. One of the most common errors—especially for teenagers—is speedy, aggressive teeth cleaning with a hard bristle toothbrush.
There is a certain logic to this treatment; when you want to clean smooth surfaces like bathroom tiles, you scrub with a hard brush, right? The catch is that teeth and gums require a certain finesse. While enamel is secure, the soft tissues in the mouth are not designed for intense scouring. If you use hard bristles against possible cavity makers, froth at the mouth, speed through those 30 inches of tooth surface and spit everything out in less than a minute, this post is for you.
Effects of Quick, Hard Brushing:
- Tooth decay caused by bits of food left between teeth
- Damage to teeth through abrasion
- Weakened enamel
- Tooth sensitivity
- Gums receding or pulling away from teeth
- Damage to existing dental work
- Tartar build-up
The friendly dental team at Ritchie Dental Group in Marble Falls teach patients the proper way to brush teeth. With a slow, deliberate two minutes twice daily, you can take control of your dental hygiene, improve your Dental health in Horseshoe Bay, and lessen the risk of future problems.
Smart Brushing Trumps Aggressive Brushing:
- Plaque is soft enough to scratch off with a fingernail, so brush accordingly with soft bristles
- Holding the toothbrush at the correct angle achieves a thorough cleaning
- Proper tooth brushing can prolong that fantastic professional-cleaning feel
- Flossing is easier without sore, bleeding gums
If you have already damaged your teeth or gums through aggressive or haphazard brushing, it’s vital to fix those problems and get back on track. Call 830-693-8833 to schedule an appointment with Ritchie Dental Group regarding your dental health in Horseshoe Bay. We also offers a vareity of services such as six month smiles, emergency dentistry, and sleep apnea treatment.