CEREC Single-Visit Crowns in Marble Falls
Families and friends in our part of the state know they can visit their dentist at Ritchie Dental Group for the ultimate in gentle, caring dentistry -- and it’s all possible thanks to our commitment to using the latest in dental technology. With tools like CEREC in Marble Falls, we are able to offer dental crowns with the utmost efficiency. Forget about waiting two or more weeks with a temporary restoration to have a crown placed. Now, your new, beautiful dental crown is ready in just one visit to the dentist! Keep reading to learn how this revolutionary technology works.
What Is CEREC?
CEREC stands for the chairside economical restoration of esthetic ceramics -- but that just means it’s a tool that lets your dentist plan for, prepare, and place your dentist with tools right at your chairside. You won’t have to leave the comfort of our state-of-the-art office throughout the process, and in the end, you receive a beautiful dental crown made of sturdy, customizable porcelain that looks just like your surrounding tooth enamel.
CEREC dental crowns can rescue…
- Broken or injured teeth
- Weak or worn teeth
- Severely decayed teeth
- Leaking or damaged fillings
- Cosmetically damaged teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Teeth that are otherwise flawed
How Same-Day Dentistry Works
To create your one-visit crown, Dr. Greg Ritchie will remove any decay from your tooth and reshape its enamel to make room for the new crown to be affixed on top. A digital scan is taken of the prepared tooth and those that surround it. This information is fed into the CEREC software, which your dentist uses to sketch out a digital blueprint of your new crown that is then sent to the in-office milling machine. Here, your crown is milled from a single block of porcelain in a matter of minutes.
Once the crown has been prepared, your dentist checks to make sure it fits just like it should. Any necessary final adjustments are made at this time, and then the crown is bonded securely onto the tooth.
Numerous Benefits of CEREC One-Visit Crowns
One-visit dentistry offers a number of benefits for patients who need a dental crown in Marble Falls, including…
- Having the entire procedure completed in one visit allows you to save sick leave and time off work.
- There is no need to wear a temporary restoration with one-visit dentistry.
- Digital scans provide the most accurate information for better treatment planning.
- You won’t have to bite down on wet cement for a traditional impression.
- Dental crowns made of porcelain blend beautifully with your surrounding tooth enamel.
- A crown prepared with CEREC can last as long as one made in a separate lab.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
Now that you know about CEREC and the numerous benefits it offers, we hope you will not hesitate to get in touch the next time you need a dental crown in Marble Falls. Go ahead and request an appointment online today!