Invisalign for Brady Smiles
Braces aren’t just for teens any more. These days, more adults than ever before are seeking orthodontic treatment thanks to options like Invisalign, an option to help you achieve straighter teeth and a more beautiful smile without covering your teeth up with visible metal hardware in the process. Yes, you can feel confident with braces when you choose Invisalign!
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a series of clear plastic aligners that are customized to fit your teeth as they get progressively straighter. They are specially designed to place pressure on different areas of the bite throughout the treatment, gradually bringing the teeth into proper alignment.
Invisalign can correct the most common orthodontic issues, including crowded and gapped teeth as well as overbite, underbite, and crossbite.
We take 3D scans of your teeth to put together a treatment plan. This information is sent to the Invisalign lab, where your aligners are crafted from high-quality polyurethane plastic and shipped back to us.
We will provide you with thorough instructions on how to use Invisalign. You will wear each tray for one to two weeks before advancing to the next in the series, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, floss, and for some special occasions. Come into our office every six weeks so we can make sure you are advancing through the treatment properly. The average Invisalign treatment lasts one year.
Comparing Invisalign and Traditional Braces
Invisalign offers a subtle, convenient, and comfortable alternative to traditional braces for many people. Some of the most significant differences between metal and clear braces include…
- The smooth clear plastic Invisalign aligners are practically invisible when worn.
- Invisalign is removable, so you don’t have to exclude hard, crunchy, or sticky foods from your diet. Simply slip out your Invisalign trays before meals and snacks and feel free to crunch away!
- There is no tricky hardware to maneuver around with Invisalign. People who wear fixed braces may be at a higher risk of tooth decay and gum disease due to the difficulty of brushing and flossing properly.
- You can feel free to take out Invisalign aligners before special events, like big meetings, introductions, or presentations.
- You do not need to visit your dentist as often throughout the Invisalign treatment as you do with metal braces.
What’s the Cost of Invisalign?
The cost of your Invisalign treatment depends on the complexity of the case and as well as your compliance throughout the treatment. Do not expose your trays to hot temperatures that could damage them, and avoid wrapping Invisalign in a paper towel when you eat -- we’ve seen too many tossed in the trash that way! If everything goes smoothly, you should progress throughout Invisalign without extra costs or delayed treatment times. The price can range anywhere from $3,500 to $8,000, but you should schedule an appointment to find out for sure how much yours will cost.
Choose Ritchie Dental for Invisalign!
Dr. Greg Ritchie is a trusted source of cosmetic dentistry in Brady, and he can’t wait to help you achieve your most confident smile! To find out more about Invisalign or traditional braces, we invite you to request an appointment online today.