Invisalign for Marble Falls’ Smiles
For teens and adults who would like to enjoy straighter teeth without wearing a mouthful of metal for two or more years, Invisalign offers a wonderful alternative to conventional braces. This popular cosmetic treatment works using the very same principles as traditional orthodontics -- but clear aligners allow you to feel totally confident throughout treatment. Invisalign is a (practically) invisible option for today’s smiles.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign uses a series of clear plastic aligners that are designed to place focused pressure on different areas of the bite throughout treatment. Each aligner fits your changing dentition as you progress through the series, gradually revealing straighter teeth.
To set you up with Invisalign, we take 3D digital scans of your bite and determine the best method of treatment. Invisalign can correct the most common orthodontic issues, including:
- Crowded teeth
- Gapped teeth
We send your treatment plan to the Invisalign lab, where your aligners are manufactured from sturdy polyurethane plastic and shipped back to us. You will be instructed to wear each aligner for one to two weeks before progressing to the next in the series. Remove the aligners only to eat, drink, brush, and floss, and for limited special occasions.
You will need to visit our office every six weeks so we can make sure that you are progressing through the treatment as planned. After about one year, on average, Invisalign is complete -- and your smile has never looked better!
Invisalign vs. Traditional Braces
Invisalign offers a number of advantages compared to traditional braces. Some of the most significant benefits of clear braces include:
- Invisalign is made out of clear plastic and is practically invisible while you are wearing it.
- You do not have to modify your diet during treatment thanks to removable aligners. Continue eating all the crunchy foods you love without fear of breaking off a bracket or wire.
- Removable aligners also allow you to brush and floss without having to maneuver around a mouth full of metal. You will not be at a higher risk of tooth decay and gum disease when you straighten your teeth with Invisalign.
- Feel free to take out your Invisalign aligners before special occasions, like meetings, presentations, and other big events. Just make sure you are still wearing them for the recommended 20 to 22 hours each day.
- Fewer visits to the dentist are required throughout treatment with Invisalign compared to traditional braces.
- Smooth plastic Invisalign aligners may be more comfortable than metal hardware, which can rub blisters in the soft oral tissues.
Is Invisalign Right for Your Smile?
Many patients who would like to improve the alignment of their teeth are eligible candidates for Invisalign. Modifications can be made to help teens comply with treatment more easily. More complex cases should still be treated with traditional braces, which Dr. Mendy also offers. To find out which orthodontic option is right for you, please schedule an appointment with our team.
Schedule an Appointment Today
We can’t wait to help you enjoy straighter teeth and a more confident smile! You are invited to schedule an appointment to learn more about Invisalign or traditional braces today.